Friday, February 11, 2011

For Lawrence Louvier, his children's children and their children

My sister has recently told me there are cousins who are interested in our ancestral family. I have been promising myself I would start something online-- a blog, a website, something! so our family can have a place to share photos, stories, news, whatever. I would like to know what anybody might like to see here.

We have an incredible family history. The more I learn, the more I mentally apologize to our Grandpa, who talked about "The Guiannee" and having royal blood, taught us to drink our coffee out of a bowl with lots of milk and sugar and put sugar on cottage cheese because that was the French way. I can't wait to hear other stories-- everybody's gotta post!

Tomorrow I will start posting photos.

2 comments:

  1. She drinks Cafe Noir in the morning, and it certainly is not out of a bowl... even though we gave her one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ! I am 99% sure I’m a cousin , from Illinois , my grandmother on my dads side was a Drury , I had no idea I had ANY Catholic relatives . I’m sure my grandma did not know she was Acadian , but her family was from Prarie du rocher . The Drurys came from Delaware because the Catholics settled there because of religious persecution . They were French but had been pushed into England or Ireland ? Then to Delaware .

    I’m related to Levasseurs , saucier , Drury , and more I cannot think of now . Fascinating history .

    At Prarie du rocher we arrested George Washington , on my mothers side I’m related to him ! 300 year anniversary in Prarie Du Rocher . That’s amazing . I want to know more , I can see loads of stories here .

    I read a book about kaskaskia and the flood and it was a fictional account of the flood that featured my ggggps love story !

    ReplyDelete

I think this is fixed now-- welcome feedback, comments, stories, and if you have photos or anything you would like included here, email me and I will post it!